Saturday, January 17, 2009

The day before election~

OK. As all Malaysians know, today is the election day for Terengganu! So, technically, this means that all those important people, including the vice president of Malaysia~ Head of opposition~ will be at Terengganu to give some speeches and so on. So, BN (Barisan Nasional) asked our pancaragam to go perform at Kampung Cina yesterday. Our job is very easy, parade for less than half an hour, wait for more than 1 hour and welcome our vice president- Najib! Therefore, all goes well and we went to school at 4 p.m. We packed our things and headed to kampung cina!

When we arrived, we were put into the temple (tian hou gong) and we waited. (I'm seriously telling you guys, when we're asked to perform/competition, the waiting time is usually 4 times the ACTUAL perform time. =.=) So, waited we did. Oh yeah, did I mention that our school's lion dance group was invited as well? DUdE. And while they waited (with us, at the same venue), they started practicing and some of us was like totally scared of the lion... Wei Zheng lah, Jun Jie they all, they FEARED the lion until they screamed and squeal and so on... As for me? Relax, sister, i don't know the meaning of the word FEAR. That was what I thought until the purple lion started to advance near our seat. Correction. It's the WHOLE BUNCH of lions advancing to our saets. They started to jump around and SOMEONE STEPPED ON SOMEBODY! I was calm and smiling, all great. (FEAR. NOUN. A STATE OF TERROR.) AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!!! We yelled like there was no tomorrow. (GEEZ, I'm 15 years old and still afraid of lion dance? WHat is wrong with me??) So, after the lion dance fright, we started to TALK COCK. That Wei Loon and Simon lah, cock not finish.... HAIZ... SAD nia.. I also lazy to layan them liao lah!

So, at 7++ p.m. we started our parade. All goes well except that I think the streets are too narrow for parade style~ =.=.... So, we finished the parade in less than 10 minutes ( I think.) It just flashed by so quickly. Compared to 31August, this is.... (Speechless.)
OK. After the parade, it's time for WAITING! Me, Poh Yoke, Wenyuh, Li Enn, Wei Zheng, Duck started to lansan dy. (In the end, only Me, Poh Yoke, Wenyuh and Li Enn) We started to sing all kinds of songs: Chinese New Year songs, Christmas Carols, F.I.R, "In in" de3 songs, Old songs, STUPID SONGS (such as diet bu4 liao3, tian1 er2 pai2 di3 ku4, Roti Canai). We were stupid. I admit. And while we were all singing along, Poh Yoke scanned a RONALDHO!!! There's this camera man, who has this hairstyle just like Ronaldho!!! MAN, looking from behind, he's really hot and one would think he would have a handsome face. THAT was when he turned around. AAAARRGGHHHHH!!!!! NIGHTMARE!!! It's a malay guy!!! and DUDE. Ronaldho is WAY MUCH HANDSOMER. I think we're going to have nightmares!

After much anticipated waiting, we were asked to line up and greet the guy. Not just any guy, the BIG GUY-Najib. So, we lined up and the reporters were SNAPPING away~ A Ben tiok dunno how many times... SADNESS. I was on the opposite side and I saw the photographer kept snapping at him. Zoom in, Zoom out, instrument zoom in, instrument zoom out, full length, face length. OMG. I was laughing so hard until my stomach hurts. A Ben also laugh gao gao. That photographer must be gay... yucks~ Great. Here comes the photographer. He kept taking photographs of my saxophone (I DIDN'T POLISH, MY GLOVES ARE A MESS, MY SAXOPHONE IS NOT CLEAN!!! NONONO!!! DON'T TAKE!!!) *Snap!* -a few seconds later- *Snap* -and again- *Snap* -Looks at the photo and hesitate.....- Then he look at me and say: (chinese,) bu4 hao3 yi4 si4 yar~ -put flash on- *SNAP* OH SHIT. MY EYES! THEY'RE BLIND!! This guy have some issue. SO, after the reporter frenzy, Najib arrived!!! (Finally, took him 1 hour to change clothes.. Is this guy slow or what?) That's when I saw him in person. There is only one kind of way to describe him: His forehead SHINES~ Dude. HIS FOREHEAD SHINES~ (No kiddin) He looks like a super star. All those reporters and VIP's around him... WOW... He's great. I like him~

When we're done welcomed him, it's home for all of us and a good night's rest.
I LOVE PANCARAGAM!!!!
Sweet memories~

No comments: